Thursday, November 15, 2007

KimsWhimsy on : Filthy Rich


This is a new category I am doing, referred to as "FILTHY RICH" .
"Filthy Rich" will consist of postings that highlight ridiculously pricey, decadent, over the top, frivolous, FILTHY RICH items.
Enjoy!!
~~~~
The Fortress Aquamarine, a FILTHY RICH dessert.
Found at Wine3 at The Fortress; Galle, Sri Lanka.
This dessert, which debuted in March, was inspired by the success of the restaurant’s other gem-studded treat, the Bombay Sapphire Martini.
The star of the show is an 80-carat aquamarine gem that rests on a sliver of chocolate, shaped to resemble the traditional stilt fisherman that’s part of the resort’s logo.
Handmade glass utensils (not included in the price) complete the presentation.
And yes, diners can pocket the gemstone after polishing off the dessert.
None have yet been sold.
Your cost ?
A mere $14,500.
Filthy Rich.
~~~~~
Kimberly's note: I can think of so many other, better ways to spend $14,500.
First off, I wouldn't spend that kind of frivolous cash in a foreign country.
I'd spend it in the good ole' U.S.of A.
Secondly, no food, nay dessert, is worth that kind of money, NO, not even that aquamarine gem is worth that to me.
Lastly , $ 14, 500 is a drop in the bucket to the filthy rich, true, however, I have trouble wrapping my head around such decadent frivolity.
I'll leave that to the Filthy Rich.
~ Kimberly


1 comment:

Kimberley said...

Kims, Oh My that is a decadent frivolity !! I love aquamarine's ... but I would not spend my decadent frivolity reserved cash for that! LOL, have a decadently frivolous day dear.