Wednesday, January 16, 2008

KimsWhimsy : January Greetings


Good morning to all whom wander this way...

T'is a cold winter day here in Southeast Georgia...

Rain is expected this afternoon into evening, with the possibilty of a 2 to 3 inch accumulation...


A perfect day for hot tea as I work on contracts.....


Random thoughts :


I am still not really excited about ANY Presidential candidate in this race. Can I say that again? NONE of them excite me, and to be honest, I am perfectly sick of seeing and hearing the political debates raging on....and on....and on ad nauseaum.


Britney Spears - is a sad train wreck, it is safe to assume she has some sort of chemical imbalance, more than likely triggered into a more precarious state by post natal hormonal fluctuations......the media needs to leave her alone, and someone in her inner circle needs to convince her to seek serious help.....the nation is watching as she self destructs.


The economy seems to be struggling along, avoiding a full blown recession right now. One of my best friends from college recently received a blow related to the economic downturn- her husband lost his white collar job due to his position simply being wiped off the books by the company he worked for in an effort to reduce operating costs. They have saved wisely, so hopefully they can wither this setback with little difficulty.


My brother is soon to return from overseas duty and I am GLAD. I know he will be happy to get back to some normal happenings in his life. I don't write much about truly personal events anymore online- too many weird people lurking, waiting to use such information in nefarious ways.



My life is taking a new direction in many ways, some are comforting, some are so new they are a bit daunting, never the less, I rise to the challenge !




Things I learned in the last year:


I am stronger than I think.


Friends sometimes confuse me.


To follow my passion.


That music and quietness in solitude can be a helpful healer of many hurts.


That my spirit is resilient.


~~



Music selection I am currently listening to as I type this topic post :


Vince Gill - Whenever You Come Around


Karla Bonoff - Standing Right in Front of Me


George Jones - Choices


Nickel Creek - When You Come Back Down


Kenny Chesney - You Had Me From Hello


Alan Jackson - Remember When


Martina McBride - From The Ashes


Alan Jackson - Little Bitty


Dolly Parton - There


Keith Whitley - Don't Close Your Eyes


Patsy Cline/ LeeAnn Rhimes - Blue



~~


Best Wishes to all for a wonderful day


Much warmth and comfort to you on this chilly winter day


~ Kimberly









No comments: